Archer Animal Hospital remains open for routine veterinary care, pet food, pet medications and emergencies with modified services to care for your pets and are continuing to monitor COVID-19 and it's impact on our community. We are committed to the health and safety of our clients and staff and will be taking extra precautions in accordance with the current federal, state and local public health guidelines. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we strive to serve the needs of our clients and their pet's while also limiting the possible spread of the Coronavirus. We encourage our staff and clients to follow the CDC vaccination recommendations. Masks are available and can be worn during staff interactions, if requested.
- Our lobby is now OPEN to the public with limited seating. You may be asked to wait in your vehicle until lobby space is
- For clients that prefer limited contact, we are still accepting and encouraging patients as drop-off or curbside appointment.
- We ask that ALL clients please call the front desk to check-in when they arrive to get their appointment instructions and/or
- If you are only picking up prescriptions or food (not waiting to see a veterinarian) please remain in your vehicle and call the
front desk for assistance.
If you have a pet emergency or need to schedule an appointment for pet euthanasia - please call ahead to arrange care.
We do anticipate longer hold times over the phone due to these modified services and appreciate your patience and understanding.
Please DO NOT VISIT any location if any of the following situations apply:
- You have a fever of 100.4 or higher
- You have a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms
- You have had exposure to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or if you have tested positive with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
We continue to follow workplace guidelines to ensure the highest level of safety and care for our community: We have increased our already stringent standards for sanitizing and disinfecting all areas of the hospital. All lobbies and exam rooms are disinfected after each patient and at routine times throughout the day. We are closely monitoring staff health and following OSHA and CDC guidelines for the workplace.
Thank you for helping us keep our community safe and healthy!