Archer Animal Hospital remains open for routine veterinary care, pet food, pet medications or emergencies with modified services to care for your pets and are continuing to monitor COVID-19 and it's impact on our community. We are committed to the health and safety of our clients and staff and will be taking extra precautions in accordance with the current federal, state and local public health guidelines. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we strive to serve the needs of our clients and their pet's while also limiting the possible spread of the Coronavirus.
We will no longer have our lobby open to the public.
We will be accepting patients as drop-off or curbside appointments only.
Our new clinic hours will be 7:30am-4p (M,T,Th,Fr) 7:30am-12pm on Wed & Sat
Please DO NOT VISIT any location if any of the following situations apply:
- You have a fever of 100.4 or higher
- You have a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms
- You have traveled internationally in the last 14 days
- You have had exposure to someone diagnosed with COVID-19
- You have attended a crowded, high-risk location such as a gym, school, church, bus, nightclub, conference, concert, airline travel, etc. within the past 14 days
We have established the following drop-off and curbside service at all our locations to help protect our community and staff:
- Please call at least 30 minutes in advance of your visit to notify the staff of the food or medicine to be picked up or if your pet needs to be dropped-off for services. This will ensure a more prompt response and less wait times for clients.
- When you arrive at the clinic, please call the front desk to have a technician bring out your order or pick-up your pet for services.
- You must wait in your vehicle while services are being performed and prescriptions filled. The veterinarian will be available by phone to review your pet’s visit and/or prescriptions.
- You are also encouraged to drop-off your pet and our staff will call to notify you when services are complete and you can come back to pick them up.
- Payment can be completed over the phone with a credit or debit card in order to further limit exposure risks.
If you have a pet emergency or need to schedule an appointment for pet euthanasia - please call ahead to arrange care.
We do anticipate longer hold times over the phone due to these modified services and appreciate your patience and understanding.
Feel free to leave a message with a staff member and we will call back in the same order of your original call.
We continue to follow workplace guidelines to ensure the highest level of safety and care for our community:
- We have increased our already stringent standards for sanitizing and disinfecting all areas of the hospital.
- We are closely monitoring staff health and following OSHA and CDC distancing as well as self-quarantine guidelines for the workplace.
For more info about the Coronavirus, click here:
Thank you for helping us keep our community safe and healthy.
The Florida Department of Health in Alachua County (DOH-Alachua) is informing residents that it is imperative for any individuals who believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) to contact the Alachua County Health Department at 352-225-4181 during regular business hours or at 352-334-7900 after hours, before traveling to any physician's office, emergency department, hospital, or urgent care center. This is to ensure proper protective measures are taken to prevent further risk of spread to others.