Please go to Indeed.com and search for Gainesville Animal Hospital, our sister hospital, and to see our current job openings.
We are excited that you are interested in joining our team!
Job Responsibilities for positions we often are hiring for are listed below:
- Full-Time and Part-Time receptionist needed for busy veterinary clinic(s).
- 3+ years of customer service or reception experience preferred.
- Must be able to work at multiple locations in Gainesville/Archer, FL.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- All applicants must have reliable transportation, pass a drug test and background check.
- Prepare records and consent forms
- Admit patients
- Present invoices, receive payment, and prepare estimates
- Answer Multiple Phone Lines
- File records
- Maintain health certificate and rabies certificate files
- Schedule appointments and surgeries
- Greet clients in a friendly manner
- Dispense medications, pet foods, and supplies
- Properly invoice and maintain inventory
- Maintaining client/patient files and invoices
- Maintain computer records/backups
- Perform closing procedures including cleaning and sanitation of facility
- Data Entry via Computer
- Cash Management/Reconciliation
- Customer Service Complaints
- Retail Management/Ordering
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3+ years Experience in Customer Service/Reception preferred
- Ability to work standing for extended periods
- Ability to work in environment with live animals/possible allergens
- Must effectively be able to read, speak, and write legibly in English.
- Must have basic computer literacy skills
- Must be able to handle multiple unrelated tasks simultaneously while working in a busy environment.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must be able to mop floors, vacuum floors with backpack vacuum, and upkeep grounds by using leaf blower. Must be able to bend to pick up trash, sticks, and feces.
- Professional appearance required, all staff wear scrubs and closed-toe shoes.
- Must be able to work all assigned shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to attend Wednesday night staff meetings and Sunday additional trainings.
- Must be able to work well independently and in a group.
Gainesville and Archer Animal Hospitals are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status